The sustainable cutting board
Solid, sturdy cutting board with well-proportioned design with integrated handles and juice channel, suitable for professional and home use. The cutting boards from Teakhaus are made from FSC certified teak, a type of wood that is mainly used for garden furniture and in shipbuilding because of its stability and moisture-resistant properties. That is why teak is an ideal type of wood to use in the kitchen. The wood naturally contains a lot of oil and requires minimal maintenance.
• sturdy headboard in solid teak
• suitable for heavy duty chopping and cutting
• keeps your blades sharp
• scratch resistant, does not fray
• moisture resistant, retains its shape well
• can also be used on the bottom
• FSC® certified teak from sustainably managed forests
• Teak tropical hardwood is naturally bactericidal, moisture-resistant, strong and durable
• after cleaning, carefully dry with a cloth and dry while standing • maintenance: treating with teak oil once a month makes your board less susceptible to stains and odors
• for stains or odors, clean the board with sea salt and lemon, leave on for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly
Teakhaus cutting boards are made in Latin America by Proteak. Proteak supplies top quality teak from sustainably managed plantations, an ecologically and perfectly renewable long-term alternative to tropical hardwood from natural forests. Proteak only processes teak from its own plantations, which are managed in accordance with the strict guidelines of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), a non-profit organization that monitors the ecological and socially responsible management of forests, with a view to preserving them for future generations. Proteak is the third largest producer of teak in the world and the market leader in the production of MDF boards.